Artfire

Artfire

Saturday 26 January 2019

Mix media tags - Autumn fall

Good morning, 

"In crafting there are no mistakes,  just unique creations"

This is the mantra that I usually live with.  I don't have any pre-notions of how my projects will turn out to be.  

So when I started on these tags I had no idea on how they would look.  All I knew is I wanted to use some warm colours to contrast the earlier tags that I had made.  

These tags have been made in the old clothes tags we receive when we buy new clothes.  



So here is how these tags were created.  (I have made a set of three tags using the same embellishments with changes in the layout) 

To start with I did some basic stencilling and covered the entire tag with gesso.  Once the base was ready I added some colour and did some stamping with black.  

Then I went ahead and added some lace,  thread and a few mdf embellishments and some home made clay embellishments.  

Once everything was properly stuck I added some readymade flowers and some handmade flowers.  (the small flowers on the side are handmade flowers).  Also I added some clay leaves,  filler pollens, and fused pearls to complete the composition. 

Once everything was in its place and dry I started colouring the composition.  I used a brush to apply the colours as I wanted some control on where the colours were going.  I have used some sprays,  acrylic colours and shimmer paints to achieve the effect.  

Once the entire tag was ready I added some gold dots to complete the look. 

Here are some pics of the completed project.  Hope you like these






Wishing you a wonderful day.  Please do leave some comments and love below


No comments:

Post a Comment