Artfire

Artfire

Sunday 20 January 2019

Decoupage on Wallet

A very good morning to all of you.  I am back with another project in decoupage.  Yes,  but this one is super simple and easy.  And it also gives a new life to an old item.

Today I am going to be decoupaging an old wallet.  This was a white wallet which has yellowed with age and does not look beautiful anymore. Thus it was time to give it a new life. 

So let's get into the project without any delay. 

Step 1 - I first cleaned the wallet completely using wet wipes and even some soap and water.  I was very carefully so that the water does not go inside or damage the wallet any further.



Step 2 - Then I put white gesso on the entire wallet.  There were two reasons for this.  One being that the  I create a base for all the colours etc that I would be using.  Secondly as its an old wallet it covers all the old blemishes. 



Step 3 - while the gesso is drying I selected my pattern and cut out the motifs that I wanted to use.  Do not cut the motifs with a scissors but use hands to do that.  (sharp edges are difficult to blend) 

Step 4 - Using Modpodge I have stuck the motifs in the desired place.  After the glue dries I have sealed the print with additional 2-3 coats of Modpodge.  




Step 5 - As the print that I had selected had a black background I coloured the remaining space with black and blended the tissue so that it looks like one seamless image.  


Step 6 - Originally I had decided to add a bit to stencilling in the black areas. But my wallet has a beautiful pebbled texture and I wanted to highlight that.  So instead I gently rubbed Prima wax ( aged brass and firey  Ruby)  on the surface to add highlights.  



Final - I gave it a couple coats of varnish to completely seal my work and give it protection from the elements.  

And my brand new wallet was ready to flaunt.  Hope you enjoyed this makeover 




Wishing you a wonderful sunday ahead 


No comments:

Post a Comment