Artfire

Artfire

Sunday 27 January 2019

Baby Album

Good morning 

A newborn is always a cause for celebration and gifting.  So when I came to know that one of my close friends was due for a little one, it was a cause of excitement.  And thus began the hunt started for the perfect gift for the parents and the little one.  

But I wanted to give something which will hold value after many years also.  So I decided to make a baby album to store all the precious memories. This album is made in generic colours as we did not know where it would be a girl or boy. 

Using a generic baby paper stack and supplies and adding some generic paper from my stash, I have created this 14 paged, 8" * 8" with a 4" spine baby album from scratch.  A point to be noted here is you don't need paper from the same stack.  I have added some paper from another 2-3 stacks that I had on hand. ( I did this as I wanted a lot of paper for the picture mats and inserts) 

I will not go into the details for making each page as there are host of tutorials and info on the internet.  But as the receiving family had no idea about scrapbooks I did try to keep it simple for them to understand.  At the same time each page is different in terms of layout. 

Another thing that I kept in mind is additional pockets and picture mats to store all the precious memories.  

As I already mentioned this is a 14 page album with many fold outs and pockets.  It has a capacity of storing many photographs.  Also I did create a ton of picture mats / inserts from all the left over paper.  

The flowers on the cover as well as inside are all handmade using speciality paper.  Also I have used a lot of embellishments from my stash.  

Here are few of the pics of the various pages and a overview video of the album.  











Hope you have enjoyed this inspiration and album.  Happy crafting 


No comments:

Post a Comment