Artfire

Artfire

Thursday 31 March 2016

Punchcraft Flowers

Hi,

Good evening friends!!

Last few days have been filled with experimentation for me. I have always loved flowers and this fascination is seen in most of my projects. Be it quilling or decoupage or even painting. I just love flowers

Lately I have been seeing a lot of work done with die cut flowers and punch craft flowers. I do not own a Die Cutting machine but that has not stopped me from wanting to make them

So recently I decided to invest in some punches for the flower shapes. And I was set to go. Except I did not know how to make the flowers after punching them. Thus my search started in finding tutorials. (I must confess I am not too good at this activity and don't spend too much time.)

A few months back I had done a project of beaded candles (Click here) after following up on Dr Sonia's Blog. I decided to go back to her blog to get some inspiration and hopefully a tutorial. And as luck would have it. I got not one but two tutorials that I was able to try out with the punches that I already had.

Daisy

This is been inspired by the post by Dr Sonia on Handmade Flower Bouquet Tutorial. She has used a Die cutting machine for her flowers. I on the other hand, have punched out my daisy on a white cardstock.


I then coloured it with Distress Inks and shaped it with my flower shaping kit. It almost looked like the flowers in the tutorial that I had seen. Making a hole and inserting a pollen with glue and my flower was ready. 

Here it how it looks.



I tried the same with a round flower punch but I was not too happy with the look of this one. Here it how it looks..


Thus I need another look for this punch flower. Here is the tutorial from Dr Sonia Blog that I  loosely followed - Paper Rose Tutorial. I say loosely followed because, my cutout was around 1 cm only so was not possible for me to make buds by taking the petals separately.



The left was the punched flower petal. I made small slits to the same (on the right) so that it was easy to curl the petal. Coloured it with the choice of Distress Ink and shaped it using my flower shaping kit. I have used four petals per flower and have curled two petals inward and two outward. 

Finally have stuck them together to form tiny flowers. Here is how they look in different colours. 



I tried another look with just curling them inward and sticking three petals. As there was no bud in this I stuck some glitter balls to the same. 

Here is how the flower looks. I have attached it to a gift tag along with two punched leaves.


Hope you have enjoyed my little experiments with punch craft flowers. Will share more flowers in the future.

Wishing you a lovely day. Do leave your precious comments on this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment