Artfire

Artfire

Friday 27 October 2017

Vintage Pen Stand

Good Evening,

For those who don’t know I come from a defense background and thus a lot of my projects are based on the themes that dominate our lives.

Living in a Naval community thus ensures that a lot of projects are in a nautical theme. And very frankly there is a certain charm in working with prints of old sail boats and sea colours.

Recently I made a Pen stand with a tissue paper that I have had in my stash for sometime. It’s a very beautiful tissue with a map and old sail boats around the map in the sea. The tissue’s background is already in a vintage colour thus making it easier to create the vintage look.

Each panel of the pen stand has been created from a separate part of the tissue but has been put together so that it looks like a seamless pattern. I have added a little bit of antique gold paint and Prima waxes to give it a hint of opulence.

Here are some pictures of the completed project





Hope you enjoyed this...

No comments:

Post a Comment