Artfire

Artfire

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Hexagon Coaster

Good Evening,

I have done a lot of projects on coasters. And I have done various art forms and techniques on them. Starting  from Warli and Madhubani I have come a long way to Decoupage.

Coasters are a perfect way to test new products and papers. But I have done a lot of projects in both square and round shaped coasters.

But recently I managed to pick up a set of Hexagon shaped coasters. And I was super excited to try out some new papers on these. And having collected a large collection of papers from various places I set about trying to find a suitable print for the coasters.

And I found this beautiful English shabby chic pattern paper. Its soft green with yellow daffodils all over and it was perfect. Being a decoupage speciality paper it was super easy to work with this paper and here is what was the final outcome.




Using brown as the base colour for the coasters I completed with a distressed look at the edges using brown and rust coloured inks.  


Hope you like these... 


No comments:

Post a Comment